Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Life as a nurse

Okay, I don't know if any of you really care but if your looking at this blog you must understand me already. So here I go. As many of you know I am in training to be a home health nurse. I found myself getting really excited today when I was able to stick a guy and draw his blood on my first try. I know this seems weird but I have been stressing about it. The great thing about it is that my mentor was with me and the guy I stuck was very hard of hearing and his wife was completely deaf so my mentor could stand behind him as I was drawing his blood and give me little hints without him ever realizing that this was my first blood draw. Life is sweet isn't it? I have been able to do all kinds of medical things that are soooo cool. I know you guys think it is sick but I am really learning a ton. Okay so funniest - strangest medical thing I did this week...a dressing change on a scrotum. Yes you read that right. Life just cracks me up! Now go and have a nice day!

6 comments:

Kevin and Emily said...

Sounds like fun Gayle....well most of it! Keep us posted with your fun stories!

Lori said...

Gross!

Bryce and Katie said...

Welcome to the blogging bandwagon - be careful, you'll get addicted like everyone else :) Gross story by the way. Love you!

Jo said...

I thought it was all cool until you got to the scrotom part... I think I'll pass on that!

Bryce and Katie said...

Ok we're waiting for pics of Moab! You better post about it!!! :)

Bryce and Katie said...

Oops sorry i mean Lake Mead :)