Sunday, January 11, 2009

Winds of Change

Wow I haven't updated this for a long time so here you go. Christmas was great with Hunts here! I was really not looking forward to this Christmas because it was Kristy and Chris and Amy and Chaces year to be with the other side. When we got the news that Hunts would be spending the Christmas holidays with us I was so glad. Having them here made me love it! After they left I got really lonely and very busy. I decided that we had a few rooms that needed a make over. Now that I have 2 married daughters and a son who will be turning in his papers in a couple of weeks I decided to make official guest rooms. We have purchaced new beds and have been painting and decorating. We will soon be finished with what I call the upstairs garden room even though the walls no longer have the flowers on them. And Davids room now has a queen bed in it but it is still the BYU room. So when you come to visit you will have your choice of theme rooms to stay in. I have sold some things on KSL.com and Curt has been quite amazed. Because of my work schedule he has done the majority of the work painting but I did get a work out moving my bedroom furniture out to the garage. Yes I am finally going to decorate my room and get new furniture. It is amazing what you can get done when you don't have a wedding. I have plans for the downstairs family room as well. Soon we will be able to have more usable living space and guest space! I love it when you all come and stay so I am trying to make it more comfortable for you! I think we will be putting some of this on hold soon however as David will be needing some things for his mission. Stay posted for that news. He will be putting in his papers the end of the month with availability May 1st. I wish this wonderful experience wasn't so hard on me! Kristy is coming to visit the first week of Feb and we are hoping David will get his call when she is here. Well thats all. Now you all need to get your updates going!

3 comments:

Tyler and Allison said...

It sounded like you all had a wonderful time for christmas. We were sad not to be with everyone, but we did have a good christmas ourselves with Tyler's family. It will be fun that all the cousins have the same "on" christmas with families!! Tyler and I are already budgeting for plane tickets to come to utah for christmas next year. Anyway, thanks for the update!

grammie said...

I was so glad to read 'new news' on your blog. Your guest room updates sound wonderful. We will look forward to them when we come for David's missionary talk whenever it is.

Jeff Craig said...

when i heard about the winds of change startedto think about Curt in his old age. You shouldn't scare people like that.